søndag 19. oktober 2008

Gardening

My mums garden needs maintenance - it's old and it's not very well kept. One of our old apple trees fell down this summer (very sad, it was a Åkerø-tree) and now we need to cut it down properly. We don't have a motor saw, so we used the little one we have. I'm sure my arms will hurt tomorrow!!




And then we realized we had a lot of illegal plants too, so mum cut the dry remains of them down and I burned them in mums outdoors fireplace. Unfortunately, it smoked A LOT. Don't think the firemen or police would have approved, but hey - we got rid of some nasty plants! (Gullris and Lupiner) And just last year we all thought they were just very pretty looking flowers...




Otherwise it has been a very nice Sunday - practice, family dinner and calm music from the radio. Just missing Eivind and Robi.

4 kommentarer:

Helene sa...

...and me, I hope!? O__o Hehe!
What's wrong with those flowers? I love those flowers! I wouldn't have the heart to burn them, I think.. even if they are illegal. It might depend, though. Explain to mee?

Tonje sa...

They are conspiring against the Norwegian fauna, take over the whole world - and rule over all the other plants *mwooahahaa*

Tonje sa...

eh... flora of course.

Anonym sa...

Exactly! To be a proper gardener you have to burn all what is against the nature and keep it clear;-)
By the way.On the picture you look like you know what you`re going to do.To make you angry there,wouldn`t be a good idea.