torsdag 30. oktober 2008

Stavanger, sweet Stavanger

I have been in Stavanger for almost a week now, and it feels SO good!
It was incredible to see my boyfriend again, and then also get a warm welcome back from the orchestra made it all even better.
I had the most fascinating travel over here on Monday. Early morning train, quite a lot of people - even in the "comfort" wagon, luggage (one bag with wheels), normal bag and two - 2 - cellos. One modern and one baroque. I felt like a very demanding traveler.
The instant I boarded the train, I was blocking the way for someone who had to walk past me. After that I didn't know how to organize myself and all my luggage. A very helpful man came to my rescue. He turned out to be the head of "Hove festival" (a huge rock-festival in the south of Norway). Apparently he had seen forlorn musicians travel before...
When the train was at its final station - in this case Stavanger - I had equal problems getting off the train. I didn't want to leave any luggage in the train, but on the other hand I didn't want to put any of the cellos, or my luggage, on the platform unattended either. Yet again I got help from a kind soul. This time a sweet girl who was getting home for a week of rest in her studies.
And then Robi came, and it was all ok.

Ah, I was thinking the weather in Stavanger was almost only wet during fall, but this morning we had to scrape the car-windows free from ice. Winter is coming! Feels great, but - oh so cold!

Location: Robis place in Hillevag
Mood: Exhausted after todays practice
Drinking: Nada, should have some water...
Listening to: The silence of the clock on the wall

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Godt å vite at du har det bra. Usikker på om du er i Stavanger eller Bodø nå, men hils kjente hvor du enn er
Love you
Pauline