torsdag 10. september 2009

Guts



This week (and next) I'm playing a baroque project in Stavanger with Stavanger Baroque Ensemble. We'll do really nice pieces by Handel; the Agrippina and Armida kantatas, Biber sonata for violin and Vivaldi's "Autumn". My problem is (still) the instrument. Anders was so kind to let me borrow his baroque cello - but unfortunately it is way too heavy for me, and I had to struggle to get the sound out of it. I got the brilliant idea of putting gut strings on mine. It was quite a success last time I did so, so I thought why not!
But, there is always a but. My string holder now is totally different, so I had to put the knots in the place where the rings usually are. Gaaah! Hope the gut will stay in there - otherwise I'll get a string or two in my face.

Ingen kommentarer: