lørdag 15. november 2008

A day off!

It feels incredibly good to be able to sleep in, not run around in the kitchen in the morning to grab some food before chasing the bus (which may or may not come. It seems to me that the timetables here are only for giving the impression that they exist. They don't really have anything to do with the buses, except - of course- when you are late.
Despite my morning exercise and bus related anger, I've had a great week in SSO. I didn't play the Schnittke Concerto Grosso, so I had actually quite a lot of spare time. I listened to the performances, and Benedicte and Kristina did a great job!! (They were the soloists this week)

I don't think the first half of the concert was appealing to every concert goer, and the lack of audience kind of proved that. Roberts comment was also confirming my suspicions. (Mum, can I say this??)
I was very touched when I came to the dressing room and found my locker. It still had my name on it!! Awww, it felt very much like coming home then.

Yesterday we had concert number 2, in Tysvær. So, another bus trip for almost two hours, with a 20 min. ferry crossing in the middle. Hanako was not very pleased with that after the Kyrkjelyd project. She usually get car sick even on ordinary bus travels in the city...
We left the concert hall ca. 16.10, but when we came to the feery, we had lost sight of the second bus. We decided to board the ferry anyway. The second bus was of course not on the ferry.
It all ended up with the concert being 15 min. late, and our seat rehearsal (for testing sound and repairing flaws from the day before) got cancelled.
Some pre-concert-excitement :)

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

...Robert's comment also confirmed my suspicions

Tonje sa...

Yes, like that..
:s