tirsdag 26. august 2008

Salsa rehearsal

Sunday evening, my school-orchestra conductor came to visit my mum. Since mum was not home, it was me who ended up doing this little gig. There is absolutely no money involved, but what don't you do for your old school-orchestra?? (string orchestra, red.anm.)
I have got no music, didn't know exactly when it was or who it was going to be with. I knew where, but not where "where" was located. Did this make sense? (Sandvika Vgs. red.anm.)
I was picked up outside my house around 18, and we were supposed to start 18.30. A violinguy and me found the salsa guys in a dark classroom, and were sent to the gym hall for a string rehearsal before joining the band. It turned out to be a cooperation between the music school, the teachers there and some professional salsa guys. It was great! I thought at first it would be, sorry to say, a typically Norwegian salsa. No groove. These guys knows their stuff! The rehearsal was filled with quite a lot of smalltalk between band members, until one of the more quiet ones said:
"Silence, I KILL you!" -link no.1


Now, this band with all its eccentricities, can be experienced Thursday in Sandvika Bypark. It's the opening of Sandvika Byfest (a festival!) with Bolivian salsa to start off with. A parade through the city starts around 15. Enjoy!!




www.sandvikabyfest.no -link no.2


The band (almost all...) Some of the stringplayers

Location: In bed
Listening to: Sequences of fifths
Mood: Sleepy but happy

Ingen kommentarer: