torsdag 28. august 2008

Outdoor Salsa concert

And today was the big day, the opening of Sandvikafest!!
I was supposed to be there around 13-14 for sound check and maybe some go-through of the music. I turned up around 13.30 and found no-one from the band. I found a stressed sound engineer, and a very smiling car rental guy. What to do? My sweet Rob was there to calm me down in the middle of all the confusion; *Thank you!!!*
I ended up calling mum to get hold of some phone numbers (lost all of them when I had my little phone-in-the-toilet-incident.) and tried to call Hector. He was, of course, too busy to even notice my calls and frantic sms... After a while I met the incredibly happy bass player and the violinist, so it all came down to be quite calm. (phew)
I got a short sound check and no go-through...
The festival starts with a parade that goes through the whole city, and ends up 1 hour later in the park. There everybody can relax, buy something to eat and/or drink and look at the band and the dancers. (Pretty tired after 1 hour parade-dancing.) The whole thing was pretty chaotic, but still very nice!

Sorry Nee-chan. I didn't dare to bring Banki even Robi would have held him the whole time. But he's got a full resume!

2 kommentarer:

Helene sa...

It's OK, Nuff nee-chan! I'm sure he was perfectly happy getting a resume - after all he usually spends the days slumped in my bed eating bananas, chatting with his friends and whatnot while I'm at school. -.-; Lucky guy.

As long as you give him a hug and tell him about your day before bedtime, he's pretty easily taken care of. Also, don't forget the bananas and an occasional bath in the washing machine... XD

Tell him I love him and give him a big hug, will you?

...and of course, I love you too! ;D All the way to the moon... and back!

Anonym sa...

Any baths in the washing machine must be GENTLE and in a laundry bag!
Great that you've started a blog that can keep us up to date and make you feel closer.
Love you to bits!