søndag 22. mars 2009

Catching up with old friends

...has been this weeks theme, I guess.
Tuesday I met up with a girl from junior high school - Cathrine. We also went to high school together, and actually - it was there we got to know each other. Cathrine and I were always walking together in a trio with Brit Hege. For a while it seemed like it would be a trio reunion, because Brit H. is in town quite often now because of some course - but no. She was still in Stavanger, so we had a reunion minus one. It was incredibly nice!! Both kind of tired after work, but eating great indian food and having company with each other made it a great evening.
Then on Thursday Guro and I went out to grab a coffee - which ended up being her having dinner, Amanda and I share a bean cake (interesting aquaintance) and Tove (a swedish cellist) just joining company in a tiny Thai place. Later that day, Amanda and I headed towards "Parkteateret"  to see a concert from Fever Ray which is a family friend of Amandas. 

The whole day was kind of stressing because I had been at mums place to pick up my concert clothes, and of course I forgot something. Only this something was my phone. I had an appointment with Amanda that said "see you at the opera, the concert starts at 8" Yeah. Very spesific....
I ran around the opera to find her, borrowed Johannas (harp player) phone - no answer, sent a message - no answer, called mum - and heard Amanda had tried to call me. Of course - the number which is in the book from the opera has one wrong number. When I finally got hold of Amanda, it turns out she´s been running around the oprera after me too. Only pure luck we didn´t bump into each other....
There was more to come - We took the tram to Grünerløkka, lined up for the concert and standing there almost 15 min. before the doorman came out, shouting "NO possibility to get ANY tickets now" and ruining our dreams of a night out with great music. Needless to say, we took a glass of cheering-up grown-ups-soda ;)
Friday I had lined up for a coffee with Anna, who has been to India, France, around Norway and Sweden since I saw her last time. It was great to see her! We went to Stockfleths with great efforts because of a very inconvenient sort of bag/suit case. It flipped over as soon as we even thought there would be a bump on the pedestrial. Hooray!!!
After consuming our coffee and cakes, Atle came strolling in with a friend. Atle studied with me in Trondheim, and we have met accidently twice a year since then. It bacame a fun group of people!
Now I´m facing one of my most hasty weeks ever, so it´s time to pack my bag and head for the bus. 
Kristiansand, here I come again!

Location: Dad´s computer room
Mood: ok
Eating: breakfast soon!
Drinking: ditto kaffe
Listening to: Ski jump competition on TV

1 kommentar:

Rakel sa...

Hey, I just had to say that the picture of you and your cello on the top of this blog is amazing =D

Kinda off topic, but I hope you'll forgive me =)