torsdag 22. januar 2009

The good deed of the day

This morning, on our way to work, mum and I met a mum and her daughter on the bus. They were in Oslo for the daughters dance-lessons (a course) but had a day off and wanted to see some of the city. I had overheard that they were going to see the opera first, but apparently they didn't know where to jump off the bus. Mum and I brought them with us, and left them in the foyer. There I looked for a guide for them, but this turned out to be impossible - Out of season.
Luckily I saw some sweet ballet girls standing in a group and I asked them if they were going to watch the rehearsal (first rehearsal with dancers on stage) - and their leader confirmed. I felt quite naughty when I asked if it was possible for them to take one ballet girl more with her mum. "Yes, we have lots of tickets" she answered - and the two we met were granted a seat each in our rehearsal.

The rehearsal was 1/2 hour delaid because of some technical problems, and then - the mum were standing by the pit with a huge bouquet of flowers.


Tina and Nora, our guests today


Location: The opera house, "lounge" for the musicians
Eating: "Vørtebrød med brunost"
Drinking: Nothing yet, but I wish for a glass of alcohol free ale
Listenin to: A cellist practicing in the next room (or is it a mad double-bass player??)

Ingen kommentarer: