tirsdag 24. februar 2009

Exciting, terrifying, fantastic weeks

which I have to write about. Should, of course, have written it all before but - hey; I was enjoying it all somehow!!

First: Paris with KSO and gypsy musicians a'la Jango Reinhardt.



We played 3 concerts in a Cirqus! and lived in a 4 star hotel close by (4 stars in France, that is).


My hotel room!


The circus had long traditions. Some of the old, original posters were on the wall.



The old stables were perfect for unpacking and warming up.

During the days (except thursday) we were off until the concert at 21 so we could see quite a lot of the city. Sadly, the orchestra were the target of a flu-epidemy so almost all of them were quite put off. Luckily the French authorities are not as strict as the Norwegians, so they allow all dodgy kind of drugs to (possibly) kill the flu efficiently. I was one of the lucky ones who escaped the flu! (I guess it was because I had the stupid flu some years ago..) but Lene had to keep her bed for some time. She has written a lot about our adventures in Paris, check it out! (She has a lot of pictures too!)
I had my agenda in Paris; Looking for bow, possibly a baroque bow and cello and find some black concert shoes (of the shiny, black sort. Laque?). It took some time, so all the touristy things I managed to do was: Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and walk around Montmartre and see the famous windmill on top of Le Moulin Rouge. Didn't even find Amelies little coffee shop... But I also wanted to save some for a more romatic trip back with Robert *sniggle*
My plan for the Paris tour was pretty successful. The perfect bow for my cello (I think. Still have to understand how it works properly) found me, but then my budget were blown so baroque cello and bow have to wait some years...
Lene and I went walking around to look for shoes and other artifacts, when we saw the huge shopping mole "Printemps". They have a whole floor only for shoes (mostly Gucci, Prada and other HUGE names) and there I did find my shoes! Of course, they turned out to be a pair of Dolce & Gabbana... Needless to say, I'm a happy girl :)



I have eaten escargots!



Lene had some time by herself when I tested bows, so she ended up in a very famous makeup store. This was the result!



Spot the space invader! They are all over Paris, but I wasn't really good at spotting them...

And back home, the week of Mahler 1 and audition preparations were awaiting...

Mahler was very exciting, in all aspects. And it didn't help being nervous for monday either. Sunday night I got another little practical joke made on me by my cello. It didn't want the endpin back in! So I had to leave it overnight in one of the dressing rooms.
And now I know this: I don't like the atmosphere when 30 nervous cellists are being forced to stay in the same tiny space for drawing a number!!
I didn't win this job either, but I got closer!

Location: In mums livingroom
Mood: Tired, confused and happy - going to Stavanger in a few hours!!
Drinking: White tea (not VERY expensive one, with several strange rituals around it)
Eating: Warm, crispy cheese toast
Listening to: Grandma watching TV upstairs

2 kommentarer:

Ingvild sa...

Let's see the shoes!

Tonje sa...

Ingvild, I promise to put a picture of them here when I get back to Oslo. I'm IN MY HOUSE!!!!
(It's fantastic!)
House will be here quite soon too...
For now, find a picture of me practicing in a horse stable in Paris in Lene's blog (frokenaadalensverden). There you can almost see them ^^